The Pottsgrove Educational Foundation, a registered 501(C)(3) organization, was established in 2000 to initiate and support programs for the benefit of the students and residents of the Pottsgrove School District.
The Foundation is registered in the Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program which allows businesses to pay part of their state business taxes to non-profit organizations such as our Foundation. This allows local businesses the opportunity to directly support our community. For more information on supporting the Pottsgrove Educational Foundation through this program, please contact Dave Nester.
How has the Pottsgrove Educational Foundation benefited the Pottsgrove community?
Any Pottsgrovian is invited to become a member of the Foundation. Meetings are held quarterly in the District Office starting at 6:30 pm. For more information contact any of the following board members:
- Annually funds $10,000 in mini-grants for special projects in our schools.
- Annually sponsors eight (8) teams to participate in the Montgomery County Reading Olympic Competition.
- Financially supports special events, assemblies and community concerts, such as the Army Chorale and Artist in Residency Programs in all schools.
- Annually awards the class valedictorian a $500 scholarship and honors the top 10 graduates.
- Purchased over 1000 books for our five schools.
- Established an Alumni Association with a link through www.pgsd.org and presented the Classes of 2002 through 2012 with free membership.
- Recognizes staff members who have reached 10, 20, 30 and 35 years of service at the opening day of school each fall.
- Supports an annual Honor Roll Dinner event to pay tribute to members of our community, alumni and/or employees who have given years of service and leadership to the district.
Shellie A. Feola, CEO 610-327-2277 Kim Lindgren 610-326-8292
David Nester, Treasurer 610-327-2277 Diane Cherico 610-323-0659
Please support the Pottsgrove Educational Foundation!
For additional information, or to make a contribution contact Ms. Shellie A. Feola (610) 327-2277 or email@example.com.
District Employees can contribute through payroll deduction. For the authorization form, click here.
Congratulations to the following staff members who were recently awarded grants from the Pottsgrove Educational Foundation for innovative classroom ideas. The grants support teachers in the areas of the arts, culture and innovation.
Elaine Armstrong, District Gifted Teacher: Awarded $3,000 to support participation in Reading Olympics in all schools. This covers registration fees and also provides funds to buy multiple copies of books selected for the competition.
Dorian Parker, Elementary Reading Teacher: Awarded $1,800 to to purchase Family Literacy Bags which can be checked out by parents to encourage reading at home along with discussion questions and other related literacy activities.
District Elementary Art Teachers: Awarded $2,000 to equip the elementary art classrooms with document cameras to facilitate demonstration of art in all formats and modeling and demonstration of artistic techniques and concepts. The district will provide an iPad with each camera to provide opportunities for teachers to utilize the dozens of art-related educational apps currently available for the iPad.