Pottsgrove School District does Career Education Kindergarten through 12th grade. With the use of Naviance we are able to create comprehensive college and career readiness that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals.
Log in steps:
1. Email is the students school email OR only the first part of the student email. EX - My email is firstname.lastname@example.org To log in I need to type in: email@example.com OR skincaid.
2. Passwords is the student's network password/log in WITHOUT the PG on the end.
8th Grade Course Selection Timeline
End of January -
- 8th grade assembly with High School and Middle School Counselors to review the upcoming course selection process.
- 8th grade Parent evening meeting (students are welcome to attend) held at the High School. High School counselors review the High School scheduling process with the parents.
- Middle School Counselors teach the course selection process to the 8th grade students. Course selection sheets are given at this time.
- Students are required to obtain course recommendations for Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and World Language requests. Parent and student signatures also required. Course selection sheets are turned in to the student's Math teacher.
- Middle School Counselors meet with every 8th grade student to review course selection sheets and submit the finalized student schedules.
- All schedules due in by February 28.
College Field TripsWe plan on three to four local College/University Field Trips each school year. The goal is to give our students and opportunity to see what College is all about. In this competitive world we believe it's important to show our students what options they have locally, what they will need to do to qualify and what they'll need to be successful!! We believe that getting them excited about the potential of College now will cultivate and grow into disciplined academics and activities all through High School. Necessary requirements for College acceptance.Many thanks to the Pottsgrove Education Foundation for the generous Grant and helping us offset the busing/food costs of these trips.
Penn State Berks