1. Choose a topic from the 1960s to research and explore.
2. Explain the event (What, When, Where, Why, Who, How, etc…)
3. Complete the “5W + H” Worksheet.
4. Tell the story from three (3) different points of view: ie) America, Russia, European Country, whatever you choose…
5. Create some type of multimedia project to demonstrate your research and new knowledge learned of topic. (ie: iMovie, Google Presentation, Prezi, etc.
Assassination of JFK
Bay of Pigs invasion
Civil Rights Act
Cuban Missile Crisis
Malcolm X and Los Angeles Riots
Manson Family Murders
Martin Luther King Jr. “I Have a Dream”
Moon Landing and Neil Armstrong
Robert F. Kennedy Assassinated
TV (First televised Presidential Elections)
War on Poverty
Woodstock Rock and Roll Concert
* Student Choice (speak to Mr.
Mellor for approval)
RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR RESEARCH:
FIND BOOKS by doing a subject search http://pgdestiny.pgsd.org
Harrington, Michael. The Other America. (recommended by Mr. Mellor)
World Book Encyclopedia Online http://www.worldbookonline.com/advanced/home
Student Resources in Context
http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/suic/?p=SUIC&u=pl2695How to create a Prezi? (how to)How to create an iMovie (how to)Google Tip Sheet (to locate country codes)Exploring the 1960s Rubric