PGHS PTA Volunteer Clearance Policy
In order to volunteer at PTSA Concession Stand and at other PTSA functions in the high school, the PTSA is required to obtain clearances that include the following:
- Pennsylvania State Background Check clearance. Click here: www. epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance can be submitted for online through the Child Welfare Information Solution (CWIS) self-service portal, www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis.
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (must have lived in PA for 10 years or more). Click here: Arrest / conviction Report and Certification Form
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check (if lived less than 10 yrs. in PA). Click here: Applicant fingerprinting Online Services (Pa Dept of Public Welfare
- Arrest/conviction Report and Certification Form. Click here:Arrest / Conviction Report and Certification Form
Submitting an application online allows individual applicants to receive their results through an automated system that will notify the applicant once their results have been processed. Applicants will be able to view and print their results online.
For more information about the electronic submission of child abuse clearances or for information on obtaining the Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check or Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check,
Please NEVER give your original hard copies as you will need them to volunteer at other PTA organizations.
Thank you for your commitment,
The Pottsgrove High School PTSA Executive Board