WELCOME TO 6TH GRADE SCIENCE!!!!
Welcome to 6th Grade Science! Exciting and interesting activities, experiences and projects await you this year! Prentice Hall Science Explorer is the textbook used in 6th grade.
Please read the following policies that outline the expectations of this course.
CLASSROOM BEHAVIOR POLICY-
We want a safe and respectful classroom learning environment!
1. Be RESPECTFUL of your teacher, classmates, school and personal property at all times.
2. Please raise your hand and wait to be called on to speak. One voice at a time.
3. Follow all agenda book guidelines.
CLASSWORK AND GROUPS ACTIVITIES-
1. PARTICIPATE in discussions, offer answers to questions and complete classwork. This is just as important as .. homework, tests and quizzes!
2. Students are expected to do their share of the work for group labs, activities and projects.
YOU EARN YOUR OWN GRADE!!!!!
Your grade will be calculated by taking the total number of points you have earned during the marking period and dividing by the total possible number of points for the marking period.
Students may retake a quiz or test if they score below 70% . Student will see "Please retake" and a line for a parent signature. IT IS UP TO THE STUDENT TO HAVE A PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGN THE QUIZ/TEST AND BRING IT IN TO ME. The student and I will set up a time to retake the quiz or test.
I look forward to a successful and meaningful year with you in SCIENCE! If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at the middle school or firstname.lastname@example.org. I am here to assist in your child's science experience at the Pottsgrove Middle School.