PSSA and Keystone Testing ExemptionsThe only reason for student exclusion from state testing is by parent request because of religious beliefs. Pottsgrove School District's protocol for parental request for exclusion from the PSSA and/or Keystone Exams is as follows:
1. Communication about state testing will occur with families during the week of March 15, 2021.
2. Parents will be provided with information about religious exemptions and will be provided a link to note their interest in examining materials.
3. Individual school buildings will contact parents with further details.
4. Assessments will be available for review by parents and guardians. The assessment must be reviewed on district property and district personnel must be present at all times. Districts must provide a convenient time for the review.
5. Parents and guardians must sign the Parent Confidentiality Agreement. Parents and guardians may not photocopy, write down, or in any other manner record any portion of the assessments, including directions.
6. If after reviewing the test parents/guardians find the test to be in conflict with their religious beliefs and wish their student(s) to be excused from the test, the parents/guardians must provide a written request that states the objection to the Superintendent or Chief Executive Officer.
7. If the student is excused from the assessment due to parental or guardian request, school personnel must provide an alternative learning environment for the student during the assessment.If you plan to opt your student out of the PSSA/Keystone exams, the deadline date is April 9, 2021.
Select one of the six outer circles to learn more about Pottsgrove School District's Standards Aligned System.
Select the inner circle to view PGSD and Pennsylvania's Standards Aligned System.
Mr. Daniel I. Vorhis
Director of Education and Assessment
Phone: 610.327.2277 ext.1003
Dave Ramage, Ph.D.
Director of Integration for Learning & Instruction
Phone: 610.327.2277 ext.1037
Mrs. Sue McGroarty
Secretary for Curriculum, Integration and Technology
Phone: 610.327.2277 ext.1013