Welcome to the Pottsgrove School District
Department of Community Relations & Co-Curricular Programs
The Mission of the Pottsgrove School District is to educate and inspire all students to excel as productive, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners.
Welcome to the Pottsgrove School District, we are a suburban public school district that is located in western Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The district is comprised of three townships surrounding the Borough of Pottstown. The form a "horseshoe" starting with Lower Pottsgrove in the east and northeast, Upper Pottsgrove Townships to the northwest, and West Pottsgrove Township to the west.
The School District has a population of 20,627 residents. The Schuylkill River, which flows from west to east toward the Delaware River, comprises two boundaries of the District, one to the west of Pottstown and the other to the east. The Pottsgrove School District is consists of five schools. Two elementary schools grades K-2, one elementary school grades 3-5, one middle school grades 6-8, and one high school grades 9-12.
The District serves over 3200 students from the three townships. Since the jointure in 1956 that formed the Pottsgrove School District, we have been committed to providing an excellent atmosphere for learning and service to the community. The experiences we provide our students inspire them to be successful in a variety of endeavors from academic success, to proficiency in the arts and achievements in athletics.
The strength of the District are strong community support for the schools, a dedicated staff, and an active student body.
Quick District Facts
- Five operating school buildings with 610,925 square feet of building space and 161.8 acres of land.
- 3357 Students were enrolled in PGSD in the 2018-19 school year.
- 56 School vehicles logged 833,315 miles.
- 96.4% Graduation rate for the Class of 2019.
- 78% of students attend a 2 or 4 year College and/or Technical School.
- Over 4.3 million dollars were awarded in scholarships to the Class of 2019.
- We are one of three school districts(Spring-Ford & Upper Perkiomen) in Montgomery County that send students to the Western Montgomery Career and Technical Center in preparation of direct entry into the workplace or continues on to higher education.
- Pottsgrove School District maintains an AA/Stable Bond rating from Standard and Poor.
- Pottsgrove students have scored an average of 1,099 on the SAT College Entrance exam, exceeding the National Average of 1,096.
Welcome to the Pottsgrove School District.
Mr. Gary DeRenzo, M.S., C.A.A.
Director of Community Relations & Co-Curricular Programs
Office Phone: 610-327-2277 x-7489