Welcome to Pottsgrove Virtual Academy
In partnership with
The Pottsgrove School District offers a district-sponsored cyber school option to students grades 6-12. We are reaching out to all our families currently participating in or considering a cyber charter option. We believe that for some learners and their families a cyber option may make sense. Our goal is to bring families back to the school district because we believe that through our partnership with Brandywine Virtual Academy we can provide a more comprehensive program, more educational options and support services to students residing in our district currently attending or considering a remote cyber charter school.
Check out some of the benefits of our cyber option:
Be cautious, however, as cyber education is not a good choice for everyone. Parents, considering a full time cyber option for your children? It is a full time job. Please read this article.
- Pottsgrove High School and Middle School outperform ALL cyber charter schools across the state according to the Pennsylvania School Performance Profile.
- Our cyber program now offers both a traditional and a block schedule option.
- Students in the Pottsgrove Virtual Academy program are Pottsgrove students and will have access to our libraries, guidance services, and all of the student activities that the Pottsgrove School District makes available to its traditional students.
- Students will receive a laptop computer, high-speed Internet access, and a Pennsylvania Department of Education-approved curriculum taught by Pennsylvania-certified,highly-qualified teachers.**
- The Pottsgrove School District ensures that the educational program and the curriculum meet the district’s and the PA Department of Education’s standards.
- Pottsgrove's cyber students who successfully complete the Pottsgrove Virtual Academy program will receive a Pottsgrove High School diploma.
- Blended learning options allow our students to take some courses at school and some courses online.
Our school counselors and administrators are available and happy answer questions and discuss honestly the challenges, limitations, and benefits of cyber education to assist you in making the best choice for your student.Cyber Student and Parent Resources:Parent Letter - Pottsgrove School District Welcome Letter and Guidelines
Software Downloads for Students Using Their Own Computers Students using school district issued computers should look for necessary software on the Self Service Portal.Help Desk and Other Student Support Services Requests for technical support on school district issued computers should be made to school district personnel through the Self Service Portal.
District Coordinator of Online Education:
Michael Wagman, Director of Technology & Communications, x 1037For more information, contact Stacey Fiore (email@example.com), Administrative Assistant, at extension 1019.** Full time BVA students will have the DiLE 1:1 Technology Fee covering damage and theft waived for the 2016-2017 school year. Theft or damage will be covered in accordance with coverage terms. Students taking BVA courses to enrich or supplement their PGHS schedule will be subject to the annual technology fee, if applicable. See www.pgsd.org/DiLE for more information regarding the damage/theft protection fee, deductibles, and user agreements.